Tuesday

AFITC 2009 The Air Force Information Technology Conference



The 22nd annual Air Force Information Technology Conference (AFITC) wraps today with their annual Golf Tournament. If you know of my golfing ability, you will realize why I am writing this update and not playing. General Lord is on the links today along with many of the Industry Partners. Over 4,500 attendees were in Montgomery for the four day event. I was glad to attend the conference on behalf of Military Information Technology, the world's premier IT publication dedicated to all facets of military IT and meet all of the 200+ exhibitors from the Air Force and Industry. In my upcoming posts, I will be sharing a unique look the Apple iTouch in theater use as well a glimpse of AFITC 2009, a long-term symbol of the impact Maxwell-Gunter has on the future of IT not only for the Air Force, but leading the way to net centric and joint force communication throughout all of the US Military.